Honda CRV loss of power after filling up - white smoke too

I filled up with a third of a tank - I was really empty - and as I pulled out of the forecourt noticed a loss of power. Trouble maintaining idle and intermitent load click from engine.
Bad fuel? blockage? any ideas? HELP PLEASE!!!!
Thread archive:
Worst case, the white smoke may mean anti-freeze is getting into your engine's cylinders, meaning a head gasket (or other cooling system) failure. Google {"head gasket" symptoms} for other things you can check to confirm whether it's the head gasket.
See also http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_can_cause_white_smoke_from_the_exhaust

On 6/10/08 1:22 PM, in article 1203840 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com, "mainjl"

White smoke is usually water vapor. Along with the other symptoms, it sounds like a load of bad gas contaminated with water. It happened to me once with the '96 Odyssey. It behaved exactly as you describe and the gas tank was half full of water.
If you can find a convenient joint in the fuel line, you might be able to open it up and let the fuel pump push it through. Otherwise, take it to the dealer. If its water, the gas station will pay for it (& there will be a line of other disgruntled customers with repair bills when you get there).

You could always try a can or so of dry-gas to see if it will take care of the water. It still may run rough until you get rid of that tank.