copied the key parts of this bulletin for all to read. I left out some of
the basic stuff I had to copy the notes over by hand to get this.
There are others out there (good luck finding them)
Honda service bulletin 98-081 March 18 2003
95-Accord V6 All
96 Models Except Passports - All
97 Models Except Passports - All
EPA, C.A.R.B. claim OBD system is not sensitive enough to detect some engine
misfires. In an effort to resolve this issue, America Honda Extended
Emissions warranty to 14 Years, 150,000 Miles
1.. File a claim if:
1.. The MIL is on and the cause is an emission related component
2.. The vehicle fails a emissions test and requires an emissions repair
3.. Any emissions related component fails
2.. Additional services:
1.. 50,000-75,000 miles
1. Inspect OBD system follow the service manual procedure to retrieve
DTC set then replace the effected parts
2. This inspection and any parts replacement are of no charge to the
2.. 75,000-150,000 miles
1. Inspect OBD system again. Replace any parts that have caused a DTC
2. Replace the distributor cap, rotor and ignition wires and spark
3. Change the oil and filter
All of the above services are free of charge to the owner
You must use Honda parts and fluid for this service.
Disclaimer: Skilled technicians only, not do it yourselfers "and you should
not assume this bulletin applies to your vehicle.."
Stephen W. Hansen
ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
Click to see the full signature.