Honda Fit accessories, sport muffler

What's the point of the sport muffler accessory for the Honda Fit? Is it just for looks, different sound, or is there a performance gain? The Honda salesmen have NO clue.
109 horsepower is pretty weak. Has anyone done anything to soup up the engine, or is the gearing so low that souping up the engine is a waste of time?

OOPS! Forgot to mention I'm talking about the Fits sold in the USA.

My understanding is that the Fit is an economy car. I would expect the sport muffer to offer a small increase in power at high rpm, and mainly to reduce the sting of driving an economy car when the owner would rather have a performance car. Kinda reminds me of putting cards on bicycle spokes.
Mike

I WANT A TURBO CHARGER IN MINE! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

Jeez. I will never understand this. Somebody buys a cheapo econobox 'cause it's cheap to buy, then he wants to turn it into a Lamborghini (which ain't cheap to buy), but he doesn't want to spend the cash to actually turn the 'box into a Lambo. WTF?
Ya wanna Lambo? Buy a Lambo. Ya want cheap wheels? Buy a Fit.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Believe it or not, I once saw a Dodge Neon whoop a Camero's ass in a short sprint race.
TeGGeR wrote:

I beg to differ...there is nothing Cheap about the Fit. I bought a Sport Fit Auto in Blaze Orange 6 May and love it.
--
Some people try to turn back their odometers.
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.