Honda Fit Mileage?

Page 2 of 2
JXStern wrote:

Once again, it's the Fit's gearing. Our Camry sedan (with automatic!) will get close to 40 mpg highway at 65-70 on level ground, but it's loafing along at about 2600 RPM. It's also got a nice, smooth shape.
mjc13<REMOVETHIS> wrote:

dude /WHAT/ is it with you and gearing??? it's not the gearing, it's the overall equation of the motor's characteristics, the car's characteristics, and how those two match up. simply reducing revs does /not/ automatically reduce gas consumption - it can increase it significantly if it's a mis-match.
My wife's base Fit A/T gets 22/25mpg, no highway, all in town Los Angeles area. The Fit has 5 star crash rating, that comes at a cost. That cost is weight... the Fit is heavy for it's size. Blame it on all the airbags, and steel to make the crush zones that make it safe(?)
On the other hand, if a person's budget is stretched that tight. That another 10$ at the pump is the difference between travel and eating. Perhaps they should consider an alternative such as a motorbike or bicycle...
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

-- Tp,
No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...