Honda Fit or Scion xA?

We are looking for a small car to get around city and be easy to find parking for. Has to be easy to get in and out. Both Fit and xA fit the bill...
Which one is safer? (Side airbags are available in both.)
Which one is "nicer"? Is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist available for Fit? Toyota's Vehicle Stability Control is *not* available for xA...
How about GPS, Bluetooth integration, Remote Starter? Moon-roof?
Fit seems cheaper -- why? Thanks for any comments!
-mi
Mikhail T. wrote:

- snip -
Edmunds.com http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/honda/fit/100692872/comparelanding.html among others has a good compare vehicles tool, check it out.
--
Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
http://www.rfruth.net
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:02:24 -0500, Mikhail T. wrote:

Either one is a decent choice in that category. I looked at a Fit and not an xA (xA's are not as nice looking, to me...) But I bought a tC.
The only thing I didn't like about the Fit? The fact it replaced the Civic Si hatch! Imagine replacing a little Fire Breather with a Huffer-Puffer!
But that's my rant. Either one is good.

The Toyota Yaris is a closer comparison to the Fit. The Scion is alo cheaper, but has mods from Scion as options to trick it up, too. You can't go wrong with any of them IMO.

I fit the Fit, but not the smaller interior Yaris.

Scion xB.
stated:

No side airbags. (The original poster mentioned them, so I assume they're important.)
-Don (enjoying his xBox despite that lack)
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Not to mention that xBoxen aren't really in the same category -- MUCH more interior space than either the Fit or the xA . . . . ;^)
-Don (who carried home a 10'x16' shed in his xB; in several trips ;^)
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

You'll want to look at the Nissan Versa for those things.
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 23:04:37 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Nissans suck. I know.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

In a Versa Bluetooth and ABS are mutually exclusive... Go figure...
-mi
Take long test drives in both and get the one you like better. It is really that simple.
Consumer Reports just rated the cars you are looking at. Check it out at your local library. I think Fit was their favorite but they actually indicated that the slightly outdated Focus with all of the incentives available could be a better buy than all of the new models. Worth reading.

Art wrote:

Thanks, I'm actually, their Internet-subscriber. Nissan Versa is the best, in their opinion, although Fit is the most economical.
With 5K miles/year, fuel efficiency is not a concern here. Safety and comforts are.
Trying to configure "my own Versa" on nissanusa.com, though, I can't include both the ABS Package and the "Convenience Package" (which includes Bluetooth). This puzzles me greatly, but if bluetooth is incompatible with ABS in a Nissan (and a dealer just confirmed this much over the phone), then so be it... Oh, and the "Sunroof Package" requires the "Audio Package" and one of the SIRIUS or XM satellite radio systems. Bizarre...
The second-best was Fit, according to CR with 64-points to Versa's 65. But all of Toyotas/Scions were below Korean models, and Scion xA, in particular, had only 37 :-(
-mi
Mikhail T. wrote:

which means... absolutely nothing. nissan was a non-issue for me. i looked at the fit, i looked at the yaris hatch. going with the xA was a no-brainer.

Actually, Consumer Reports liked the Honda Fit with manual transmission much better than the Versa with manual trans., but they liked the Versa automatic better than the Fit automatic

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 03:54:26 -0800, "Robert A. Cunningham"

The Fit AT which scored 64 was a base model which cost $1400 less than the Versa SL which scored 65. The MT Fit scored 75 so it was much better than the AT Versa, largely because it was the better equipped Sport model. One might surmise that, if a Fit Sport AT had been tested, it would have scored better than 65 and the cost would have been about equal to the Versa SL.
Also, CR reported overall mpg for the several months they owned the cars:
Fit MT        34 Fit AT        32 Versa MT        29 Versa AT        28
Finally, Nissan's reliability has been erratic ever since Renault took over (big surprise.)