Honda Fit Prices

Page 1 of 2
What are you paying for a Honda Fit in your area?

wayne wrote:

$1653. Looks like MSRP to me. Don

I think you dropped a digit somewhere.
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:41:03 -0600, Don in San Antonio wrote:

If I send yu a check, will you run and get one for me at that price? I could re-sell it here for 10x that... ;-)
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:33:28 +0000, wayne wrote:

Here in San Diego Honda dealers are asking $500 - $2000 over MSRP.
I paid $20,000.00 for my white 2007 Honda Fit Sport on 26 April, 2007. It was on the showroom floor for about three hours when I purchased it from Gillman Honda Fort Bend in Richmond (Houston), Texas, U.S.A. The first Honda Fit sold by the dealer. It was the only Fit available for purchase.
Details: 15,170.00 Manufacturer's suggested retail price - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha 550.00 Distribution and handling 695.00 Customer protection package (clear coat) 295.00 Window etching 395.00 Front sport grill ( a joke fot this tiny aluminum piece) 99.00 Exhaust finisher (chrome exhaust cover) 395.00 Interior trim (if you can find it) 299.00 Steering wheel cover ( $12.00 at Wal Mart ) ------------- 17,898.00 Manufacturer's suggested retail plus unwanted options 715.17 Premium above sticker (Dealer greeeeeeeeeeeeed tax) ------------- 18,613.17 Greeeeeeeedy Dealer price
1,163.32 Sales tax at 6.25% of 18,613.17 50.00 Documentation fee 43.00 Title fee 60.80 License plates 21.75 Inspection fee 5.00 Full Deputy Fee 42.96 Dealer's Inventory Tax ------------ 20,000.00 Final gross cost I will never buy another vehicle from Gillman Honda because I was required to purchase the "un-wanted" options and required to pay the above sticker premium (greeeeeed tax). I think they were tooooooooo greedy. My family currently own five Hondas purchased from this greeeeeeeeeedy dealer. -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.- My 2007 Fit has proven to be better than expected. It is put together like an expensive Swiss watch.
Problem number 1: Honda saved a few scheckles by not installing a heat guage. I currently have an Oregan Scientific remote thermometer installed to "observe" the motor temperature.
Problem number 2: The manual 5-speed transmission is geared too low for me. Under normal driving conditions, I am in fifth gear at forty miles per hour. This equates to 3,000 revelotion per minute (rpm) at sixty miles per hour; 4,000 rpm at eighty mph, and 5,000 rpm at 100 mph without a heat guage or any warning before the "Deep Fried buy a new Honda" light message is displayed.
I plan to purchase a 2008 Honda Fit when they become available. My 2007 Sport model rides toooooooooooooo rough for me because of the low profile tires and handling package. I prefer my vehicle to preform like an interstate cruiser. Not like a "bounce" and "grab" the road vehicle. Good Continental tires all around will solve many of the harse handling problems. Continental tires have a high coefficient of friction that greatly reduces the stopping distance.
Regards, Ern

Surely you mean 2006, if this was the first Fit sold by the dealer.

aka: Additional Dealer Profit.
Cars already have a clearcoat.

aka: Additional Dealer Profit.

aka: Additional Dealer Profit.

aka: Additional Dealer Profit.

aka: Additional Dealer Profit. Not greed tax; supply and demand tax. Face it: YOU were the one who was greedy. You HAD to have the car.
So you paid $2400 of Additional Dealer Profit.
You have to pay if you want to be greedy.

Dude, you weren't REQUIRED to pay any of it. What makes you think you were REQUIRED to pay that?
You have total control over the deal: it's called walking with your money. Just leave, and don't buy the product at that price.
You are a moron.
Do you think the world OWES you any given product you want at the price YOU think it should be priced at?
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:59:08 +0000, ern wrote:

I am guessing you mean 2006, since we have not yet reached April 2007.

You were not required to buy anything. You could have either ordered what you wanted, and wait for it to arrive, or walk away and buy something else.

No concern at all. Your engine will run quite well at those speeds for an extended period with no heat issues. If the temp gets too warm, the dummy light will come on in plenty of time. If it comes on, it has nothing to do with the R's, but rather a problem. Pull over and get the car fixed.

I was trying to buy one but it was impossible to get one at a price I was willing to pay. That's because folks were willing to pay far more. So I didn't buy it. You're the reason that I couldn't get one even at dealer cost. Should I be sorry that you're an asshole?
On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:04:41 -0500, dgk wrote:

I don't know that "asshole" fits. Those people clearly wanted the car more than you did. They were willing to spend more on it than you were. That's the way capitalism works.

Yes, but then you don't complain that you paid too much.
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 08:00:28 -0500, dgk wrote:

Well, that is true. I was talking in general terms. But in this case, you are probably right...

This is not a problem. You bought the wrong car for yourself. It's intended for a younger audience who can appreciate short gearing.

europeans and in other parts of the world for a decade or so. The overheating problems would've been known by now. If you want tall gearing get an imprezza. That piece of crap of mine does a wee bit over 2k rpm at 60mph. I'd take the Fit/Civic Si gearing over that on Imprezza anyday.

Which Continental tires? ContiSportContact 2? I doubt those will.

LMAO. I always have a kick out of non model specific redneck grade discussion "my 'fill in your brand' is soo much better than 'fill in your brand #2 '"
My 2007 Honda Fit cost $20,000.00 U.S.D. on 26 April 2007 from Gillman Honda Fort Bend (southwest of Houston,Texas). The greedy dealer added many unwanted options and charged $715.17 above sticker price to round up to an even number.
Do you want details? Ern -------------

ern wrote:

The sticker on my Orange Blaze Sport Auto was 21 grand.....they wanted my trade in they took all the extra crap off and I paid 16,000 out the door.
Donna

years, and tax, license, interest) for the "higher priced" 2007 CIVIC LX. Includes wheel locks and mudflaps and some other little extra I forget at the moment.
You overpaid big time for your Fit. No offense, but you were ignorant, to overpay that much. Unless you like giving "charity" to your car dealer. You'd have been better off to give the $2000 plus "charity" to a bonafide non-profit charity to help people.
You purchased the "regular" model for $16,700. The $20.000.00 was fot the "Sport" model and all the unwannted unnecessary options the dreeeedy dealer stuck on.
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:16:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tv wrote:

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:31:28 +0000, ern wrote:

No, he paid 16,700 for a Civic. You overpaid because you wanted to. The dealer didn't have a gun to your head. In the end, you were plain stupid, and now you are angry with the dealer for it.

No, I paid $16,700 for the CIVIC LX, not the DX, not the Fit. You overpaid. That's okay, just learn from it and next time you buy a car, do some homework and don't let the dealer gouge you. You'll feel better about it.
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 05:04:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tv wrote:

He did overpay, but I also wanted the Fit more than the LX. For two reasons, first, the handling is great. Second, the body style fits my life better. I don't haul around passengers often but I do sometimes need the space to put bikes and such. I was willing to pay the list price for the Fit, which was not very different from the "more expensive" Civic, but not more.
Oddly, the estimated gas mileage wasn't much better than the Civic although the hp was less. Both were very good though so it wasn't a consideration.
Maybe next year, if my 91 Accord ever gives out.