Honda help

Engine light came on my 2002 Honda Accord SE. I think the gas cap was lose as the light came up on the 2nd day after filling up the gas. Is there anyway I can reset it without going to dealer. Please
help..posting from Canada.
take it to partsource and get it scanned. you have no idea if its the gas cap. but if it is, tighten it and it should clear itself within 3 trips.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes could be gas cap wasn't put on properly. But make take more than 3 days for light to reset. I had that problem recently and when it didn't go out after 3 days I called the dealer(service magr) who said in actuality it often takes a week. He was right--light went after a week of driving.
Ken