Honda Ignition Switch Defect may cause Deadly Accidents

A problem with the ignition switch in Honda cars may cause a Deadly Accident!

The car may stall without warning while driving in traffic.

This has been a known problem and has resulted in a recall by Honda (NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 03V423000), but some cars with the ignition switch replaced as part of the recall may still have this problem.

Is Honda trying to conceal this? Are they in fact aware that their measures in the recall were inadequate to properly correct the problem?

Are they leaving peoples lives at risk in order to avoid the expense of properly correcting the problem?

Reply to
bokaratom

oh dear - the paid detroit shills are out tonight.

now, while we're talking dangerous ignition failures, how much did ford pay to settle that class action? $200M? i forget.

Reply to
jim beam

Your hysteria is misplaced. Any car may stall without warning in traffic and most do at some point in their existence on the road.

Trolling is not a sign of character.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

On 5/11/2006 12:19 AM Michael Pardee spake these words of knowledge:

I disagree, Mike. Trolling is a sign of character. It's up to the reader to decide *what* character, of course...

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

jim beam wrote in news:9s2dnVfn7LFQWP_ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I was going to sue somebody for $200 million once, but then I discovered that the lawyers were going to get $199,999,985.98, and I was going to get a coupon for 50% off an oil change.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Dave Kelsen wrote in news:goF8g.9095$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

.

Up here in Canada, Rice Krispies are bilingual (by LAW!).

In English, they go snap crackle pop, like you'd expect. In Quebec they go cric crac croc.

I shit you not.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

...and that was at Jiffy Lube.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

All the salesmen here curse & deny this flaw, salesmen always do whenever a flaw is exposed ; their bread & butter is jeopardised.

| The car may stall without warning while driving in traffic. Yes, my '90 Accord ( Japan made )'s ignition switch failed after just

68,800 km use, in 10-03. This switch ( part # 35130-SM4-305 ) suddenly could not feed a current to engine ( F20A )'s distributor, so this accord was stuck in a slow moving traffic, causing obstruction to traffic. If your car uses this switch ( fitted below key slot, K69-1 embossed on its black plastic casing's bottom), & switch is not new, better let your car carry a 3 amp wire ( insulated, 18" long ) with a clip* @ 1 end to grip your battery's +ve terminal, & the other end ( bare ) to slip into your distributor's +ve input terminal ( a wire with a black rubber insulation, on a F20A ) to ( if necessary ) feed a 12v current to distributor, so your engine ( after cranking ) can run like normal until you can replace this un-durable switch. This clip* will enable easy dis / re connection to turn off / on engine. I never knew any ignition switch can fail @ just 68,800 km : the interior of this failed switch has no crack / dirt / dust inside ! Worse is the new switch fitted is not perfect either : when idle, it leaks 50- 75 mv to windows' motor's relay, & helps to drain battery.
Reply to
TE Cheah