Honda Insight Hybrid (battery)

Hello,

Honda Insight Hybrid : Is it normal for the motor starts to charge the battery when it goes down to 1/3 of its capacity and when the car is in a long climb ? In this situation, engine power should only be used to tow the car, right ? Thank you for your opinion.

Reply to
Zéphyrin

no, it will siphon some of the engine power to charge the battery as it sees fit--even when it seems to the driver that it shouldn't.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

It certainly was with my Civic hybrid. It might stop charging if I was really pushing it like trying to accelerate hard during that climb.

Reply to
Alan Bowler