honda legend abs light

i recently fitted a full set of brake pads to my friends 1995 honda legend.since then abs light comes on, any idea why? it was ok before i fitted pads. thanks mike

Reply to
mikeB via CarKB.com

An educated (but *too* educated!) guess... when the new pads were put in the level of brake fluid may have risen and triggered the light. It happened to a friend with a Ford, and the dealer wanted $1000 or more to replace the ABS controller. Instead, he was able to slurp out enough fluid with a spoon to get it back to the full line and all was well.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

D'oh! I meant NOT *too* educated! Ah well, this probably doesn't mean anything good for the rest of my day. :-{

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The overfull fluid reservoir is a primo bet as another poster pointed out but another very real possibility is that one of the wheel sensors was damaged or disloged during the brake work and that is causing the ABS light to stay illuminated. Dave D

Reply to
Dave D