Honda Odyssey poor radio reception

I have a Honda Odyssey that has very poor radio reception. No one at the Honda dealership can correct this problem. What are my alternatives? I have owned many Hondas in the past and they were all very
satisfactory. This Odyssey is driving me up the wall. Seitz235
Is it a 2006? They all suck.

seitz235 wrote:

N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:

I have found that many, if not most, Honda and Acura models with integrated antennas in the windshield (front or rear) have poor, or below average receptions. It is not in all areas, surprisingly, and there are some exceptions, but this is what I have experienced. Acura told me that there is a TBS on some models (not sure if the Ody is on it) but there is nothing to do. (i.e. acura/honda will not help)
I have tried everything from trying out 4 different head units, to an FM booster and the only thing that helped me was installing a "roof mounted" antenna. I am now the only RSX with a "roof mounted antenna". Yes, I stick out like a sore thumb, but I have clear reception!
Cheers
cdn snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

This is not new. My 1974 Mazda RX-4 had an embedded antenna wire in the windshield and it was crappy too.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ