Honda OEM wiper blades, any better than aftermarket?

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:04:34 -0400, Tony Harding wrote:

Well, yeah. Strong sunlight is quite damaging to the rubber.
Need help?:
http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
techman41973 wrote:

I certainly have. Not only in longevity, but in how well they work.
Stick with the OEM blades, and replace just the rubbers when necessary.

Consumer Reports recently rated wipers/blades and found little relationship between price/quality-- but did recommend three or four models. They found that all of them had deteriorated a good bit after 6 months and after a year, all needed replacement.
Both are about once a year deals for me. But I was able to get refills (rubbers only, natural rubber) for about $5 each with coupon. Without coupon? Then it's a little known WalMart brand (not Anco, Trico, etc) IIRC ~$3-4 each (natural rubber). Nitrile rubber ones stink.

techman41973 wrote:

These threads don't address the "OEM vs" issue, but do offer some information on specific brands, and their effectiveness and longevity.
http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t 71 http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t 141 http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t )24 http://stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t 834
Windshields a relative commodity now and sometimes you can get them for under two hundred. I might consider a replacement of a pitted and scratched on a younger considering the hours I spend looking through one. Its like when I get a new pair of eyeglasses (which approach the price of windshields)- a fresh pair without scratches is like heaven.