Honda parts

Has Honda started using inferior parts? Last summer, Honda replaced the shaft from the transmission to the left front wheel because the boot was broken. A few days ago this just disintegrated. The car, a 1984 Civic hatchback Dx, has only 60,000 miles on it. It was my mothers car and driven very gently, except when I blew the bugs out on the freeway. I feel like I'm driving a go-cart compared to my truck. Anyway, the last major repair she had them do has resulted in everything coming undone or failing since last summer. This axle was the last item to break. I'm considering writing Honda Corporation a very nasty letter. The Honda dealership doesn't touch this car anymore. Thank you.

Reply to
Brad Taylor

You brought up a good point Brad. I have seen several dealerships use non-OEM parts, charge OEM prices, and nobody be the wiser. Dealerships don't stock many parts for the older cars and if they can have the Generic Auto Parts store deliver the part, they do it. You can't assume your getting the real thing. Go to almost any dealership and watch the non-OEM deliveries. Their response might be we wanted to get the car back to the customer quickly. Also, there should be a minimum 1 year warranty on your repairs. I would take it face to face (not phone) to the the dealer's General Manager. He will invite the service manager. Honda has a very strong reputation to maintain. Good Luck.

Reply to
duckbill

Why don't you just call Honda Customer Service.

Reply to
Woody

At the dealership? Is there a national customer service?

Reply to
Brad Taylor

Eric