Honda Pilot 2006 Problem

Hello, I got a big problem with my Honda Pilot 2006 which has just 1200 miles - yes it has one thousand and two hundred miles on it. I got this 20 days before. I was driving yesterday going about 55 - 60
mph, started giving some sound under the hood, stopped and visually inspected if some thing went in from the road. But there is nothing I can see. After some time the sound was stopped. But whenever I tried to accelarate I can hear the sound. After some time it stopped making sound. Then even though I tried to accelarate, the vehile is not picking up the speed slowly slowly after some time it was stopped on the road. Then I had to get it towed to the dealer. Did any one got same type of problem. Can some one please comment on what could be the problem ? or any suggestions are appreciated.
That is why it came with a warranty.

Honda wrote:

Funny, I'd have thought the CHECK ENGINE light would have come on.
'Curly'
Does your state have a "lemon law"? If so I suggest you start researching it immediately!
'Curly Q. Links' wrote:

Yes, I live in FL. FL has 'lemon law'. Thank you
AngusBull wrote:

For his first glitch before even giving the dealer a chance to fix it?
That's called "jumping the gun".
Seth wrote:

For sure on "Jumping the gun."
Most "Lemon Laws" apply only to a recurring problem which cannot be fixed by the dealer/manufacturer in two or three attempts. Also, the defect/problem must be something major, as opposed to a faulty ash tray, which this owner's problem seems likely to be.
Again, though, you might want to see what the dealer and Honda have to say about this. Might even want to see what their response is with regard to the Check Engine light coming on. Did you ignore it? Can't really tell from your account of the incident.
I did not ignore the "CHECK ENGINE" light. This light came on just before it stopped. I am still waiting for response from the Honda service.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Honda, wrote the following at or about 8/15/2006 9:49 AM:

As I wrote, it was unclear.
Now that that's settled, given the rest of your statement of facts, it should be of interest to the rest of us (as well as yourself<g>) to learn:
1) what failed, and
2) how the dealer and/or Honda treat you under what should obviously be a warranty situation (assuming, of course, that you didn't get hit by a missile fired from a Taliban hiding in a manhole on the roadway<g>).
What myself and others have said still applies though. You're a long way - at this point - from invoking any "Lemon Law."
Given the quality product that seems to be Honda's hallmark, I for one will be very surprised if they don't make it right and do so quickly.
Well !!! Surprisingly Just now I got answer from the Honda Service That they said, the GAS tank has DIESEL in it.
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Honda, wrote the following at or about 8/15/2006 1:15 PM:

Oops! Well, somebody is going to pay dearly for repairs/replacement but it sure doesn't sound like it'll be either your dealer or Honda.

Who did the last fillup? And didn't they notice the nozzle handle had an odd color and odor?
Sorry to say, this one is your problem 100%. Honda is not responsible for customers who put diesel into a gasoline-fueled vehicle. This is NOT an easy mistake to make for anybody who is paying any sort of attention.
Diesel nozzles are of a larger diameter than unleaded gasoline ones, and cannot be fully inserted into an unleaded gasoline filler neck, so the mismatch must have been obvious.
Back in the day, leaded gas nozzles and diesel nozzles were the same size, so it was easy to mix them up, provided you ignored the smell and the oil stains all over the ground...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:33:38 +0000 (UTC), "TeGGeR"

Any idea what harm would be caused by diesel fuel? I would assume mostly fuel system problems, but how extensive?
Can't understand how he could do this if the nozzle is bigger. Could be that the big tank was misfilled in which case there are going to be a lot of claims over it.

No damage. It's just that modern spark ignition engines don't combust oil very well.
Drain the diesel from the tank, refill with gas, then just keep cranking until gasoline reachs the injectors. It would be a bit easier if the vehicle in question didn't have a returnless system.

Yeah, if we're talking a "we serve" pump, or a station in New Jersey...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

Or if a teenager borrowed used car (diesel is a few cents cheaper these days....)
It seems that the current generation of teens is mechanically inept.

Depends where the gas price is. Around here, diesel is pretty constant. Gas fluctuates up and down around the diesel price, so sometimes diesel is actually more expensive.

They were in my day too.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

I'm just not accustomed to some of the answers I get. Me: "You should check your oil"......Teenager's response (daughter's friend): "how do I do that"....my reply: "never mind".
AngusBull wrote:

Lemon laws apply to vehicles which have been back multiple times for repair of the same defect and still haven't been fixed properly. They can be very useful. In fact, we had a 1998 Chrysler van bought back by Chrysler under the CA lemon law because the dealer couldn't fix the **** dash lights.
It doesn't apply in this case, at least not yet, as the poster has only had whatever the problem is in for repair once.
John
Yes, After I hear the sounds, the "CHECK ENGINE" Light was on. What could be the reason ? Any comments or suggestions...