honda quality parts advice

Page 2 of 2
jim beam wrote:

so then whats "pot metal"? i know its cheap, and its cast.
SoCalMike wrote:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pot+metal
what's the application?

Honda brake discs. :)
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I guess no one has answered the basic question yet?? In my experience using Brembo rotors on my Honda, two SAABs, my son's Mitsubishi, and our Volvo, I would say "yes", Brembo makes good rotors. The finish is excellent and I've not had any problems with any of the cars that I've installed Brembo rotors.
I usually buy all of my Brembo parts from one of the various internet sources, such as www.thepartsbin.com. Decent prices, and excellent delivery.

Maybe no one knows.

Well there y'go. You just answered the question for the OP. Here's your Kewpie doll.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
for my accord i went with
bremo rotors with slots, drilled holes and carbon metallic brand brake pads
and i am soooooooo happy
just be gentle the first 200 miles let them breakin correctly
Rob B wrote:

Rob B wrote:

I've used Brembo rotors on many vehciles with excellent results. In fact, I replace the factor warp-masters on my '03 Accord with Brembos and have been enjoying excellent braking ever since.

Of those I have only tried PBRs and they were fine. Generally I install top of the line Raybestos or Wagner pads when I do brake jobs on my cars. Every company makes several grades of pads these days. Get one of the top end pads from any major maker and you are probably ok.

I would use the Honda, NTK or Densos myself. For some reason my luck with Bosch parts has been very hit-and-miss. Never tried Walker.
John
great, thanks for advice
probably go Brembo + nisin Premium + Denso
can't find ho2s NTK for less than 260 denso about 70

what
Bendix