honda question

i have a 90 civic lx sedan 4dr does anybody know how to get the check brake light out in the guage cluster

Reply to
Matt

That's a mystery that just came up with me in my 90 civic. The hand brake light stays on sometimes until I drive over bumps, but I'm not sure what actually makes it go out.

Reply to
Alan

my guess is that you both have cheapo aftermarket master cylinders. correct?

there's a "low fluid level" switch connected to a float in the brake fluid reservoir. my experience is that the aftermarket versions are garbage and for whatever reason, falsely switch and light up the panel. provided you have sufficient brake fluid and no leaks, simply disconnect the leads that are connected to the reservoir cap, and the problem will go away. and get proper honda parts next time.

Reply to
jim beam

"Matt" wrote in news:Wkq4g.13696$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Check brake fluid level? Are all your brake lamps working?

I beieve you do not have ABS on that year auto.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That's it.... thanks! I thought the light was just for the hand brake. My fluid is probably low because I'm almost due for new pads.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

I didn't think it was low enough to light up. No ABS in that era.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

jim beam wrote in news:QbqdnVGibvxUV8 snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I replaced the brakeMC in my Integra with a reman that was exactly like the OEM,and it used the reservoir and cap from the old MC;I've had no problems with it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

i think u can disconnect the wires to the master cylinder cap also but then you have no warning over low brake fluid but it does make the light go out.

-jeff

Reply to
hondaman