Honda Recall Transmision Question

Hi, looking at the 04 Honda Odyssey and on Edmunds found this recall. Does this mean that my ody could be checked via the vin to see if it was affected and if not I am "OK," so to speak? thanks

Nature of Defect:

  1. POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION Recall Number: 04V176000 Dates Manufactured: AUG 2002 to DEC 2003 Number of Vehicles Affected: 600000 Date Owners Notified On: N/A

Vehicle: 2004 Honda Odyssey Defect Description: ON SOME MINI VANS, AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, CERTAIN OPERATING CONDITIONS CAN RESULT IN HEAT BUILD-UP BETWEEN THE COUNTERSHAFT AND SECONDARY SHAFT SECOND GEARS IN THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION EVENTUALLY LEADING TO GEAR TOOTH CHIPPING OR GEAR BREAKAGE CAN

Consequence of Defect: GEAR FAILURE COULD RESULT IN TRANSMISSION LOCKUP, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Corrective Action: ON VEHICLES WITH 15,000 MILES OR LESS, THE DEALER WILL UPDATE THE TRANSMISSION WITH A SIMPLE REVISION TO THE OIL COOLER RETURN LINE TO INCREASE LUBRICATION TO THE SECOND GEAR. ON VEHICLES WITH MORE THAN

15,000 MILES, THE DEALER WILL INSPECT THE TRANSMISS
Reply to
needin4mation

Yes.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

It was in the recall, but the dealership said it was serviced. Thanks. I will be certified up to 100,000 miles. Hopefully, I will not need it.

Reply to
needin4mation

Register your vin at

and you can see all recalls, etc on your van. Also check out
for all the information on the Odyssey.

Reply to
Woody

Would this registration work for us Canadian Canucks?

Reply to
DanMan