Honda-recommended API Service Codes

My '94 Accord's Owner Manual recommends SAE 5W-30 engine oil with API Service SG or SH. However, the latest Castrol 5W-30 GTX oil that I have been using comes only with API Service SN, SM, SL, SJ codes. I suspect
these codes might have superceded the older SG and SH codes, but I am not sure. Anybody knows more about this?

You are correct.
Your owner's manual specifies SG or SH *at minimum*.

You are correct.
The designations go sequentially, starting with SA, way, way back. What they'll do after they hit SZ, I'd love to know.
<http://www.pqiamerica.com/devilsindisguise.htm
--
Tegger

On 10/21/2012 5:22 PM, Tegger wrote: