Honda-recommended API Service Codes

My '94 Accord's Owner Manual recommends SAE 5W-30 engine oil with API Service SG or SH. However, the latest Castrol 5W-30 GTX oil that I have been using comes only with API Service SN, SM, SL, SJ codes. I suspect these codes might have superceded the older SG and SH codes, but I am not sure. Anybody knows more about this?

Reply to
cameo

You are correct.

Your owner's manual specifies SG or SH *at minimum*.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

cameo wrote in news:k61rm0$l0v$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

You are correct.

The designations go sequentially, starting with SA, way, way back. What they'll do after they hit SZ, I'd love to know.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks. It was reassuring.

Reply to