Honda sales campaign: No negotiation necessary

I've been getting periodic email messages from my nearest Honda dealer advertising that all vehicles are sale-priced and *no negotiation is necessary*.
Do they seriously think that such idiotic messages will bring in more sales for them?
Cameo wrote:

Amazingly, there's a subset of consumers out there for whom that approach is a plus.

You mean they think they were forced by dealers to negotiate?

No, they are naive enough to believe that the dealership is looking out for the customer's intrests over its own. OTOH, when we were shopping in 96, we looked at an Acura and the dealer played all the games with us, so we walked. They called us back on Monday and said "the general manager would like to make you a better offer". I told him we were going to another dealership in San Antonio. He said "you know they don't negotiate" and I said "yeah, but their advertised price is better than your offer on Saturday"
We decided to pocket the money by buying the Accord instead of the Acura built on the same platform for $5K more. Just like we bought Carol's Camry instead of the Lexus ES 350 and spent the extra $12K on a vacation.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.