Honda won’t start

I have a 1997 Honda CRV and the other day I was driving and it started cutting out on me and than it just stalled and would not start again. My brother looked at it and said it was not getting any fire to the plugs. Can anyone help me fix this problem.l

Reply to
clueless

Check out

for the whole rundown. It sounds like the coil or ignitor. I'm leaning toward the ignitor, but the tests TeGGeR has are better than my hunches! Just to be sure... has the timing belt been changed out, and how many miles does the car have?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

clueless wrote in news:971101_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Does the tachometer needle jiggle a tiny bit when you crank, or is it dead still?

If it jiggles a bit, the coil is dead.

If it's dead still, the igniter is dead.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks alot Tegger I will give that a try and let you know how I get along.

"Tegger" wrote: > clueless wrote in news:971101_ > snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com: > > > I have a 1997 Honda CRV and the other day I was driving and > it started > > cutting out on me and than it just stalled and would not > start again. > > My brother looked at it and said it was not getting any fire > to the > > plugs. Can anyone help me fix this problem.l > > > > > Does the tachometer needle jiggle a tiny bit when you crank, > or is it dead > still? > > If it jiggles a bit, the coil is dead. > > If it's dead still, the igniter is dead. > > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ >

clueless