Horn Problem 1992 Civic

Hi,
I have intermittent problems with my horn on my 1992 Civic. Sometime it works sometimes it doesn't.
My son-in law has been a certified Honda mechanic for a number of years.
He usually works on my cars. He is hesitant to tackle this problem. He says it could be very hard to track down.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Dale
Add pictures here
âś–

Well, it's not that difficult if you have a wiring diagram, but the airbag does complicate things a bit.
This wiring diagram may help him (you'll have the "with SRS" layout): http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/92-95_civic_horn_wiring.pdf
I'd start by grounding the horns directly to see if they come on. It's likely a relay or ground problem due to corrosion at the connectors. You /may/ be able to access the horns without removing the front bumper by removing the plastic undertray.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Thanks for the suggestions!
Now that I have some ammo maybe I can get him to look at it.
Dale

Add pictures here
âś–