Hot air from vents when set cold

I've noticed warm air flowing from the dash air vents of my '94 Accord even when the heat control is set to cold. When I checked the heat control valve on the coolant hose, it seemed to be closed by the heater
control cable, so how does that warm air get in the air vents? Note, this happens even when the outside air is not that warm. Any ideas?