How can i connect a headphone jack to my accords sterio?

How can i connect a headphone jack to my 2000 accord's sterio? do i have to remove the whole dash board?

lemme clear up my question: i want to connect an mp3 player to my car. i do NOT want to listen to music from my cars sterio through headphones.

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:14:21 GMT, "James"

You can buy a little thing that looks like a cassette tape except it has a wire sticking out of it with a jack on the end. It goes in the cassette slot and the jack plugs into the headophone jack of any kind of player that has a headphone jack. It routes the signal through the cassette pick up heads. The device works about like you expect it would work, okay but not great. The main problem with them is the cassette motor runs when the device is in the player and this may cause a hum or other interference.
Some stereos have plugs on the back for patching in an accessory device. I don't know if your Honda does or not. I do think that the same radio head is used for both Hondas with and without CD players, so there is probably a set of terminals in the plug that goes into the back of the radio where you could patch in. You would need a schematic to find them.
However, both of these require pulling the unit, which you said you did not want to do. So you may be stuck with the cassette thingey. They are widely available.
Hope this helps.
Elliot Richmond Freelance Science Writer and Editor
Elliot Richmond wrote:

He didn't say whether he had a cassette player in his car or not. Since it's a 2000, it most likely has a CD player at the least.
it just has a cdplayer... any ideas? i dought it has a aux jack on the back... the only thing it probably has is an input for a cd changer...

The CD Changer input can be used as an AUX input with the right adapter. Google for "PIE audio adapter".