How could I help to recall Ed Markey if I'm in California?

Is there any way for me to help with pulling Ed Markey from the lower house? I'm worried that he and like minded people in congress would finally push the bill thru and the boring pieces of shit will become even more commonplace than they are today. With the very few properly geared cars on the market I think I do have a valid concern. Note that the s.o.g. wants the cars (which are bastardized by regulations far more than the trucks already) to be castrated first followed by the trucks with a two year delay. With people like that I'm kinda ashamed I'm voting for Democrats :-[

Reply to
isquat

Actually, you can't. He represents the people of Massachusetts. That's the way American government works. What you can do is lean on your own US representative. (Then his people will have lunch with Markey's people at our expense....)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I am just curious, what's your problem? A boring POS with better mileage is preferable to a dangerous POS that sucks gas more than you breath air and if this legislation will help clear the roads of mindless gas guzzlers, I for one am all for it.

Don't want to stirr the shit, but I'm genuinely intrigued about your stand. Although, based on your POV regarding import and "american" cars (as seen in other threads), I suspect that it has something to do with the inability of the big-three to compete in terms of MPG.

Reply to
gigelus2k3

Car-wise I have 2005 Outback Sport (OBS is impreza on stilts essentially, think cmall CRV) that has stratospherically tall gearing. Of course I did not expect Civic Si gear ratios but after I broke it in and got the feel for the car I got genuinely pissed. And I don't know how to begin to explain the throttle response on that car. Think turbo lag, except the car has no turbo. It takes forever to wind up the engine on that contraption. I suspect my problems are 100% due to the CAFE standards pushed down the automakers throats. If you remember a while ago Subaru raised some Outback models and reclassified them as trucks to meet the corporate average. It's bad enough with the new mpg testing procedures and looks like Ed Markey is all for making it worse.

The problem is that in order to replace any of my cars with the legislation in effect I'd have to buy something like Pontiac G6 and pay gaz guzzler tax or buy a car with the turbo because the bottom end of the lineup will be geared even worse than my OBS. I wish I did not have to resort to buying a turbo, but looks like I'd have little choice in the matter. Mazdaspeed 3 with it's horrible gearing can give you a taste of things to come. Looks like some automakers are training guinea pigs ahead of time.

That would explain the extra two year allowance for the trucks won't it? I suspect that's where the money for the bill are coming from :-(((

Reply to
isquat