How difficult to put old motor in new window regulator for '96 Civic?

I've located the source of a problem I'm having with my driver's side window. Three teeth in the large, crescent-shaped, double-sided gear that's part of the window regulator are fully or partially stripped.
The regulator motor seems fine.
I can get a new regulator MINUS motor for about $85 (though they quoted me $51 two days ago...).
It starts to look like I have to take off the current regulator, remove the motor from it, install it in a new regulator, and reinstall the regulator in the door. But...I have no real idea what I'm getting myself into. My Clymer manual sure doesn't cover it. I have the door panel off, but the regulator seems set in away from the four or five openings in the inner side of the door. I want to say "How hard can it be?"; but I haven't even located the bolts that secure the regulator to the door yet.
Any ideas about difficulty level? Any hints or tips? And -- ideally -- any instructions on how to proceed on this model (96 Civic HX coupe)?
Any assistance appreciated; thanks.

Extremely sharp edges, i think you have to hold the window up and keep a lever up. chance of failure 95% and a broken window.
if I had do it, based a previous experience watching my mechanically inclined son and watching his window crash to the ground, I would take it to an auto body shop and pay them the 90 bucks to replace the motor...oh, you have to drill the rivit out of the window frame.
good luck and let us know how it came out.
Muffy