How do I disable the theft alarm (98 Accord EX)

Threaded View
Well maintained 98 Accord EX. The alarm goes off unexpectedly (short?) usually
after sitting overnight. Most times the trunk is open or about to be. How hard
is this to check, fix, disable?

Re: How do I disable the theft alarm (98 Accord EX)
com:

Unplug the connector at the hood latch and short the terminals together.
This will fool the alarm into thinking the hood is open and it will refuse
to arm.

--
Tegger

Re: How do I disable the theft alarm (98 Accord EX)

That works like a charm. This will disable all stock anti theft
capabilities.

Site Timeline