how do i remove the governer?

i have an '02 honda civic lx coupe with a manual transmission. its a great little car with alot of pep for only 120hp. the problem is that it's got a governer set at 113mph and i can't figure out how to disable
it. does anyone have any advice?
paul wrote:

the "governer" on this vehicle is programmed into the main ecu. the only way you can remove it is to replace the ecu with an aftermarket one or re-chip your existing one, but i doubt either is smog legal.

I just checked the OP's DNS and traces. His IP address is supposedly on this side of the Atlantic. Up to 20 hops, a traceroute shows local-type pings, but immediately thereafter it jumps to more like either slow dialup, or overseas times. I originally thought he was in the UK, hence my answer. His query (and his reported speed limit) is highly indicative of a JDM car that's been imported to the UK.
The UK has some pretty stupid automotive laws, but one thing they're sensible about is engine swaps and modifications. Extensive tuning and modifications are common there. So long as the car still passes emissions properly, they don't care what's under the hood. That's a nice change from the hysterical insistence on originality we have over here.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

The speed governor is a function of the Japan-market ECU. It can be disabled by tuning firms using software or hardware changes. You need to Google or check your phone book to find tuning companies in your area that will do this for you.
One link I found: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id 14 Don't know if you can get this in the UK or not.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Vote him out of office?
I know, I know...

The "governor" is not there for your sake, well I guess it kind of is, it's there for the vehicle's sake. My '06 has H speed rated tires, that's 130MPH. I'm sure your '02 has the same or less. Blah blah blah, other things.
If the governor was there to keep you from speeding, it'd be set at 70MPH, but it's not.
Steve