How do I reset "Maintenance Needed" light in 2003 Civic?

I know that it is probably easy, like patting the top of your head and rubbing your tummy, but what is the proper proceedure?

TIA glen at ccim dot net

Reply to
glenf

"glenf" wrote in news:PzHng.12251$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Go here:

1) Click on Owner's Manuals 2) Navigate to the manual for the '03 Civic Sedan 3) Look at page 68.
Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote

Does one have to register/subscribe at this site to get the full owner's manual? I can only get to the first page, whence there's a warning that this is all that may be accessible for certain years.

Reply to
Elle

Reply to
glenf

"Elle" wrote in news:yCRng.1514$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No.

Some of the very new manuals are sort of limited, but I've had no troupble at all accessing the vast majority of them. What version of Acrobat are you using, and what browser?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"TeGGeR®" wrote

snip

Acrobat 7.0. Neither my Mozilla Firefox nor my Internet Explorer will show me more than one page.

It's the 2003 Civic Sedan owner's manual, among others, for which I couldn't get more than one page.

But the OP said he got it. So the problem must be at my computer.

Reply to
Elle

In the upper right hand corner of the white page, there is an arrow. Click the right arrow to get to the next page. After a few pages, then you can use the Acrobat controls at the bottom. I use Firefox by the way.

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

"Elle" wrote in news:DTXng.1736$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I think I see what you mean. You're right in that it will only give it to you a page at a time. Why, I do not know.

However, it is possible in a roundabout way to obtain the whole document. I tried the method below:

I noticed some pages came over individually, while others came in batches of ten or so. Open up the "Thumbnails" tab in Acrobat Reader so you'll know how they've come over. Next, view each page in the batch so you can be sure they're all actually there. After that, and before clicking on a page outside of that batch, save the file to disk, calling it something like "Pages_8-15.pdf" (for example).

What a PITA. Maybe Honda decided to break the files up this way to keep download times short.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Doesn't work for me. I get an error "The specified file blahblahblah.pdf does not exist". I had tried looking at the 03 Odyssey before with no luck and tried the Civic since some of you could see it.

Runing Windows XP, Acrobat Reader 7.0, and Internet Explorer.

Reply to
Patrick

In Internet Explorer, Right Mouse Click and "Save target as..." which gets the file without viewing it. Open it when downloading completes.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics TutorialWIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's WebsiteDorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & MapsChange 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

"Graham W" wrote in news:44a08463$0$960$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

Same thing in Mozilla/Firefox, clicking "Save Link Target As".

That still only gets you the pages in the main file. It does not save anything past whatever was in the main file (one or two pages).

Your sig isn't compliant. You need a space character after the double- hyphen. Or is OE stripping it off for you?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Patrick" wrote in news:p__ng.29133$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

I discovered only AFTER posting this, that you cannot rename the files as they come in. If you do, all the links in other fies are broken. You have to download all the files the make up the manual, then make sure all the downloaded files are in the same directory.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

OK. That's a shame!

It should be compliant since I use quotefix with OE which allows a dash dash space return sig sequence and most other peeps' see it as such. so I don't know what's happening with your n/reader - hmmm.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics TutorialWIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's WebsiteDorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & MapsChange 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

"MinnesotaMike" wrote E wrote

This works.

Patrick, I got the Odyssey manual, too.

Thanks, MinnesotaMike!

Reply to
Elle

I had already tried saving the file instead of viewing it.

No luck.

Reply to
Patrick

"Graham W" wrote in news:44a09268$0$951$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

Are you sure? Or are they striping it off manually?

This happens with both my usual XNews and with Xana News (which I rarely use).

I saved the raw text to disk using both newsreaders and the space is NOT there.

The only think I can think of (and don't know how to check) is that OE and QuoteFix are not putting an actual ASCII 32 space character, but are putting something else that is not being recognized properly by any program I've got.

I even tried saving the raw file to disc and opening it up in MSWord's HTML editor. It too shows "--" instead of "--&#32" (when viewed as html), and "--" when viewed as plain text.

Check to see what character is actually being inserted. Have you looked at the source of your own posts after they've been posted?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

That I don't know.

Very strange. When I reply to one of my own posts, the sig is stripped.

I'll investigate further, John.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics TutorialWIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's WebsiteDorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & MapsChange 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

"Graham W" wrote in news:44a144d7$0$971$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

I *would* expect QuoteFix to recognize its own formatting. That tells us nothing.

For a bad example of non-compliant formatting, check out this page:

it in Mozilla or Firefox, and then in IE. It renders OK in IE, but terrible in any other browser. It was compiled in Microsoft Office, which ignores any sort of cross-browser compatibility and formats stuff for itself only. Typical Microsoft.

See the little musical notes in the text boxes in Firefox? That's the CR/LF pair. For some reason Office wants to place them inside what ought to be the text portion of the text box, as though it were part of the displayable text, and not where you'd expect the formatting to go. IE, of course, is designed to accept that. Firefox wants to render it as text, which you can't do with non-printing characters like 13 and 10.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Having been all through my settings, I can confidently say sorry it was me! Between the 5th and 8th of June I registered a new domain for our Astronomy Society and had, therefore to change the URL in my two (mail and news) sig files.

Somehow the first line (-- ) had got lost in the news sig file. 8¬(

Thanks for the heads up and you were the first one to notice and report it to me, John.

Fingers crossed.

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics TutorialWIMBORNE
Wessex Astro Society's WebsiteDorset UK Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & MapsChange 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

Yes the same application does take it out, as you surmised.

However, when I put the line in I got two sig seps!

So I took one out and then restarted W98SE to make sure and tested in my ISPs force9.test NG. It was OK so I'm trying here to see what happens 'live'.