How do troubleshoot a blockage?

I believe I have an airflow blockage in the heating system of a 95 EX. Any suggestions as to how I can diagnose where it might be?

It's not too hard to figure out. Air comes in the dam in front of the screen passes the AC evaporator and the heater core, moves via vent valves to the centre outlets and to the side vents.
Better question is why you think there's blockage. Does the fan work at all? Does the air come through the side vents? How about the center vents? Is there a build up of krud (commonly dirt and leaves) blocking the dam in front of the screen?
SJD
John Breen wrote:

------------------------------
Without waiting until Psychic Wednedsday, could you tell us what EX you have?
If you live in a country where everybody should know what an EX is, please mention what country it is.
'Curly'
An easy way to check might be to remove the blower fan carefully from under the dash, passanger side. Then reach in the opening toward the evaporator, near the bottom, and remove the debris (usually leaves). This method has worked for me before on several types of cars. Watch out for critters and stinging insects....just kidding, I hope?
Thanks for the responses so far.
It is a 1995 Accord EX, standard, 99k, 4 cyl, here in New Hampshire, US. Sorry.
Reason for suspecting blockage is based on suggestions by auto shops in the area. If I turn the fan on, I can hear it come on and accelerate at higher settings (off through 4). So the fan seems to be blowing. Additionally, when I go from recirc to fresh air and back, I can hear the difference there as well (recirc being louder).
We are not getting any real airflow through ANY vents - lower, torso, or defrost.
We also suspect an A/C problem, but that may simply need a recharge or something similiar. But without a good airflow to feel, I'm not really looking to address that issue yet. First things first, I guess - UNLESS someone tells me that the two issues are likely related. Then, of course, I'm all ears.
Will look into all suggestions and see if I can figure out how the air flows.
duckbill wrote:

duckbill wrote:

Thanks again. Worked fine. Unfortunately I found a TON of stuff in there - both in the area of the blower, and in the base of the evaporator - which I pried open to see inside. Looks like whatever creature bedded down was quite comfy. They were also nice enough to leave plenty of droppings.
Good news is, the blockage is gone. Bad news is that the air smells horrible. Guess I'm looking to replace the evaporator at a minimum and hope that clears the air.

Thanks for the feedback.
I doubt the evaporator will have to be replaced, but the housing will have to be cleaned thoroughly. Depending on where you live this could be a true emergency. Here in the desert southwest Haanta virus is endemic among rodents. Haanta is spread by airborne particles from rodent droppings, and the effects are horrendous. Beyond the high mortality rate, recovery is slow and nerve damage is common. 10% bleach solution is the sanitation of choice; alcohol is ineffective against the virus.
Mike