How do you get a Title to the Car when......

How can you get a title to a car that your Ex-wife has abannoned in your driveway but refuses to get the car or sign over power of Atty so I can become the owner. I feel that I have crossed every bridge w/this & Imay
have to lose a car that runs GREAT & was repaired by me last yr..any & all suggestions would be helpful

stating the location of your driveway and how, exactly, the title is held now might help . . .
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

How many times will you ask this question?
Is this car STILL sitting in your driveway?
You're pathetic. Here it is months later, and you're still asking a freaking newsgroup--AGAIN--about something you should be discussing with a lawyer at this point?

I was thinking the same thing. In fact he should have asked a lawyer in the first place.
I did hire an ATTY back in Feb. I found out that if the car is tagged & towed she would have her license & regerstration suspended indefinitly. She has not returned any phone calls or letters back to my ATTY, so she is totally blowing the whole thing off. Basically she does not care what happens..

So then have the damn thing towed.
Or send her a registered letter stating she has 5 business days to remove the vehicle or you will charge her storage fee of $50 a day. When it's up to a few hundred $$$, apply for a lien on the vehicle. After you have that, send her a registered letter informing her of the lien as a result to collect a debt. Now you have a legal reason for the state to issue a title in your name, so you can sell it to settle the debt.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

so have it towed....it's just a car.

So have it removed from your property. If she isn't concerned, why are you?
Boy, you must have REALLY pissed her off!
G-Man