How do you poogram the key fob for 2000 Accord?

I have a 2000 Accord. The battery died on the key remote. If I buy a new one, how do I program it?

Reply to
smith_bp101

You don't need to buy a new remote. You simply buy a new battery and put it in; it'll work with no extra effort.

Trust me.

NOW: should you decide to buy a new remote for whatever reason, you'll have to program your car to recognize it. Take heed:

Buy the remote from keylessride.com for MUCH less than the dealer, and they'll include the instructions. It's not difficult.

Or buy one off Ebay, and no doubt someone here will come up with the exact instructions (it's been awhile since I've done it).

You can save a ton of money buying one off of Ebay, and you can save a decent amount of money buying it from keylessride.com, but make sure it has the same FCC ID number as the one you have that works. That's very important.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I assume you mean new battery, not new remote. There is no programming involved with replacing the remote's battery. The car is programmed to recognize the unique signal generated by the remote, not the other way around. Just put in a new battery & it should work.

Reply to
E Meyer