How many milage is a Honda Accord can be driven?

Hi,

I'm interested in an used 99 Honda Accord. It has a milage of about

200k. I'm wondering how many miles it can be driven? I'm glad if you can share any information with me.

Best wishes, Peng

Reply to
Peng Yu

"Peng Yu" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

If your "200K" is miles, it's unlikely you'll see much past about 300K without eventually having oil consumption issues, even with the best of maintenance.

If the 200K is kilometers (125K miles), you're fine up to about 300K, after which advanced servicing will be required, and 500K being the limit before oil usage becomes a concern.

Other than that, it will last forever provided you keep fixing things, which you WILL have to after 200K miles.

Prepare for a head gasket. Hondas don't make it too much past 200K miles without a head gasket failure.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

200,000 miles is a lot for a '99. 200,000km isn't as much, but still a lot for a '99.

I had an '87 Accord that was still going strong at 478,000km when I wrote the car off (thats around 300,000 miles). My current '87 Accord is just shy of 300,000km and goes like stink.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I'm doing work today (simple stuff) on a 1993 SE that has 280,000 miles and the body, interior and the engine bay are in great shape. NO burning oil or otherwise. AC great and....NEVER changed the brake rotors..only brake pads front and rear !!

Phil NJ USA

Reply to
phil

My '92 LX has the original rotors too!(230,000 mi) I just clean the rust off the outer edges once a year. On my second set of replacment pads. Windshield cracked about a month ago because of rust. Going to get that fixed before winter. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

"Peng Yu" wrote

Contrary to popular beliefs, a high mileage car is the best buy. Since the car is driven mostly on the highway. Highway driving is not considered extreme conditions based on the service manual. And in fact, high rpm driving is good for the engine. A car that sits on stop light or engages in city traffic is more susceptible to crude, deposit buildup, transmission brake wear.

My 280k miles Honda could have the hood weld shut after every oil change. The motor can go another 100k without major repairs.

Reply to
B Squareman

"TeGGeR®" wrote

From experience, it's not the miles that ages our Honda, it's the years. After 15 years you will keep fixing things. Probably from Ozone oxidation.

I've owned many Hondas with no head gasket failure. As long as you keep your eye on the temperature and make sure the 108 degrees fan kicks in when it's suppose to, even when the ignition is off. Honda use so little aluminum on the head that any defect with the cooling system will almost result with a toasted gasket or head.

Reply to
B Squareman