How many o2 sensors on 1996 accord?

I need to replace one and I was told bank 1 sensor 2. Are there more than 2 sensors on the 4cylinder? I see the one on the front of the engine where is the other? Thanks:)

Reply to
:

There should be one before the catalytic converter and one after. Sensor 2 would normally be the one after the cat.

John

Reply to
John Horner

The "bank 1" part doesn't apply to single manifold engines like yours; on engines that have dual heads and dual exhaust manifolds one side is bank 2. In each case, sensor 1 is the one ahead of the catalytic converter that provides feedback to the ECU to correct the mixture. Sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter to monitor the catalyst operation. With that bad, the ECU doesn't know if your emissions are in spec or not.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

-------------------------------

Actually, you need to tell us the CODE that helped 'them' come up with that suggestion. It should be written down on your work order. All is speculation otherwise.

What symptoms do you have?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

If it is really sensor 2 then the only symptom would be a check engine light.

John

Reply to
John Horner

change it today and then I will be chasing an oil leak. Thanks again to all of you!!! :)Nel

Reply to
:

The OBD II codes P0137, P0138, P0139, P0141, P1420 are all specific to sensor 2, and there may be more. I only glanced at the list.

All is speculation without the CODE, whether he got it for free, or paid somebody to read it.

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'