how much is a catalytic converter off a 95 honda accord worth?

anybody know? thanks

lots
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

New, about $1000. Used, uncertified? Maybe $100. If you're lucky.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

used,with *13 years of use*,almost 200,000 miles of "wear". Probably well past it's expected lifetime.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Strangely, Honda OEM cats will reamina effective for over 500,000 miles, given proper care. Try THAT with an aftermarket cat!
Of course, "proper care" is the key phrase.
My sources tell me the most common cause of early cat failure is poor maintenance, especially poor ignition maintenance. Even slight misfires will eventually "sinter" the ceria surface of the core, greatly reducing surface area.
*ONLY* use OEM ignition parts, and perform timely maintenance!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
207.14.116.130:

REMAIN effective.
My keyboard's keys will randomly change position, for some strange reason.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

A likely story.
I suppose that the next thing you'll utter is, "That damned tree jumped right out in front of me." Or, "That freakin' pole wasn't there before I backed up."
Typical "north-of-the-border" rhetoric.
OTOH, my splel cheekah alus woks gud...
JT
(Who's spell checker always wants to correct "tegger" to egger...)
<G>
On Sep 6, 6:38 am (isn't that a bit early?), Grumpy AuContraire

Spell Checkers are useless if they can't fix its/it's errors or the poke-in-the-eye "Who's", which should have read "whose" :-)
gigelus2k3 wrote:

You nailed it!
JT

that is not SPELLING,it's English;knowledge of homonyms.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ah, that was the word, homonyms! Thanks!

it was in a crossword puzzle I had just completed! ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik