How to disable seat belt beeper?

How do you disable the seatbelt warning beeper on a 2008 Element?

Reply to
lolajoker

Buckle up before starting the car.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:144-46E650E5-604@storefull-

3212.bay.webtv.net:

That's near impossible these days.

The only way I've found is to unsolder (or plug) the piezo-electric noisemaker on the Multiplex Control Unit under the dash.

Reply to
Tegger

it's built into the unit that does all the other warning signals, wash/wipe, etc. unless you don't want any of those functions, you're out of luck. if you leave it, it should stop after a few seconds.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:n6ydne0F3PFmEHvbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Unsoldering the beeper (as I mention in my other post) will turn off ALL the warnings.

Reply to
Tegger

Nope. It will repeat about every 90 seconds, while driving, until you buckle up.

The best solution is to use the factory supplied seatbelts. As a side-benefit, they may even save your life, and at very least will save you money on tickets...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

Buckle up before getting into the seat. The seatbelt doesn't know that it's not around you.

Reply to
qarzhz

but you don't want that, especially not the warning for leaving the headlights on! trust me on that one.

Reply to
jim beam

that must be new - i've not noticed that on hondas up to 2003.

Reply to
jim beam

There's a socket and two wire colour red and one blackred. link to the seatbelt. just have to remove it. and you are free from your beeper. basically thats about it.

Reply to
Silent-Pro via CarKB.com

My '06 Si can be quite annoying if someone gets in that prefers not to wear the belt. I have come to the point that I threaten bodily harm on the individual that won't wear it. I figure my sanity is well worth a fight... ;-)

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

no need for conflict - just stop the car and wait. they soon get the message.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:YOadnbm7lav2xHrbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Actually, I do.

I disconnected all my warnings about 13 years ago and have not missed them since.

With no fall-back, I am triple-careful to make sure I have my keys and have turned the lights off before I leave the car. In the 13 years since I have neither locked myself out nor left the lights on accidentally.

Reply to
Tegger

"Silent-Pro via CarKB.com" wrote in news:7816aac1879ba@uwe:

Didn't think of that. That connector's circuit is open when you do up the buckle, and closed when the belt is not done up. Just might work.

Reply to
Tegger

Just a thought - why not go to a breakers yard or an auto parts store, get the male end for the seat belt, insert it into the female end in your car, and what do you get?! No seat belt alarm, the rest of your warning bells, buzzers, etc; still work and the operability of the seat belt beeper is still available.

My two cents worth.

Dave D

Reply to
Dave and Trudy