How to disable seat belt beeper?

How do you disable the seatbelt warning beeper on a 2008 Element?

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Buckle up before starting the car.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:13:18 -0400, High Tech Misfit wrote:

Buckle up before getting into the seat. The seatbelt doesn't know that it's not around you.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3212.bay.webtv.net:

That's near impossible these days.
The only way I've found is to unsolder (or plug) the piezo-electric noisemaker on the Multiplex Control Unit under the dash.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

wash/wipe, etc. unless you don't want any of those functions, you're out of luck. if you leave it, it should stop after a few seconds.

Unsoldering the beeper (as I mention in my other post) will turn off ALL the warnings.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

headlights on! trust me on that one.

Actually, I do.
I disconnected all my warnings about 13 years ago and have not missed them since.
With no fall-back, I am triple-careful to make sure I have my keys and have turned the lights off before I leave the car. In the 13 years since I have neither locked myself out nor left the lights on accidentally.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 05:45:47 -0700

Nope. It will repeat about every 90 seconds, while driving, until you buckle up.
The best solution is to use the factory supplied seatbelts. As a side-benefit, they may even save your life, and at very least will save you money on tickets...
--
Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

Joe LaVigne wrote:

that must be new - i've not noticed that on hondas up to 2003.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:15:00 -0700

My '06 Si can be quite annoying if someone gets in that prefers not to wear the belt. I have come to the point that I threaten bodily harm on the individual that won't wear it. I figure my sanity is well worth a fight... ;-)
--
Joe - Registered Linux User #449481

Joe LaVigne wrote:

message.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

There's a socket and two wire colour red and one blackred. link to the seatbelt. just have to remove it. and you are free from your beeper. basically thats about it.

Didn't think of that. That connector's circuit is open when you do up the buckle, and closed when the belt is not done up. Just might work.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Just a thought - why not go to a breakers yard or an auto parts store, get the male end for the seat belt, insert it into the female end in your car, and what do you get?! No seat belt alarm, the rest of your warning bells, buzzers, etc; still work and the operability of the seat belt beeper is still available.
My two cents worth.
Dave D