How to hook up Mounting Bracket for CAI

Ok I just got a cheap cold air intake from ebay, its fits pretty good but there is this mounting bracket that consists of foot long black rubber, 6 inch metal and a 'L" shaped small bracket, anyone know how
to use this? My kit didn't come with any instructions.
This link will show what I am talking about: