How to identify 2001 Civic LE

A friend bought a used 2001 Civic LE and is concerned it doesn't say "LE" on the back. The manual doesn't mention a model either, just "2001 Civic".
I can't believe the dealer would lie about this, but is there a reference anywhere that shows what the different levels had?
Thanks! =andrew
andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]
--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

he would need to use the vin to identify this model.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:20:17 -0700, "halo2 guy"

--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

LE? LX, maybe.
Paul
: -- : for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:03:37 GMT, "Paul"

--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

you must mean LX if its got power locks.windows, anti lock breaks, and cruise control its an LX if it has nothing its a DX if it has power locks, air conditioning and nothing else its a special edition, and if its got everything, and the vtec engine, its an SI....asuming its a canadian car

for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

Does this mean there was no LE?
Thanks!
andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]
--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:35:13 -0400, Andrew Webber

I guess there was no LE. Found this review online. http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01civic.htm
I'm surprised the LE wouldn't have an "LE" on the trunk though.
andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]
--
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject

Go here: http://www.carfax.com / Type in the VIN into the little box at the top right. This will confirm what model you've actually got.
Don't be alarmed by the reports of "records" on your car. That's a ploy to get you to order the report.
I got the report for my car and one of the "records" was "one owner". Well, duh. I AM the original owner. And it didn't mention the fender-bender I was in 3 years ago.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ