Hunting for my next car

Greetings!
I'm afraid I might be looking for something that doesn't exist, but maybe you can tell me!
I want a Honda vehicle, and right now it doesn't matter whether it's a
Civic, Accord, Element, or other size/shape, as long as it has four wheels/tires and a manual transmission.
The tricky part is that I want it to have been built (not modified) to run on LPG, and I want to buy it (new or used) in the United States.
Where should I look?
Merry Christmas! Elisabeth
How about natural gas instead:
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/10/honda_natural_g.html

Manual transmission is very tiresome in bumper to bumper, rush hour traffic!

This not good enuf for you?
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/specifications_descriptions.asp?ModelName=Civic+GX
Does have an auto - maybe a CVT?
J.
On 16 Dec 2006 07:55:20 -0800, "ElisabethBaker"

ElisabethBaker wrote:

jim beam wrote:

ps. why do you want one? the fuel is more expensive, less available, and has a lower calorific value.
Thanks for your responses!
I have international experience with manual transmission, and a year's experience with CNG, so Andy & Carol I know I want manual, and Art, JXStern and Jim Beam I know I don't want CNG (=natural gas =Civic GX food) CNG is too inconvenient to find -- I have to spend a lot of time driving out of my way to get it.
I have driven with LPG (=LP Gas =autogas) in Europe and wonder, Jim Beam, how you find it more expensive. I have understood it to be better for the wallet as well as for the environment.
Maybe worldlpgas.com can give me an idea when/where such a car will be available here in the US, or if you find anything, please do post me!
Thanks again for your time! Elisabeth

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 02:33:32 -0800, ElisabethBaker wrote:

As far as I can tell, Honda does not make a LPG propelled vehicle (production). At least for the US market.
And the GX does not come in a manual.
I am kind of leary of driving any vehicle with an explosive pressurized tank, though. Just my own thing, I guess...
Joe LaVigne wrote:

if you're leery of lpg, how do you feel about hydrogen???
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:25:55 -0800, jim beam wrote:

The same. Anything that puts a pressurized tank of explosive material in a position to be impacted in a crash is a little scary to me.
Just having a pressurized tanks of anything is dangerous in a crash. Even a highly pressurized tank of air being impacted would not be very safe.
Joe LaVigne wrote:

personally, i'm a good deal more concerned about hydrogen. i had the "privilege" to witness a gas cylinder fire with subsequent explosions one time, from a safe distance, and that was pretty impressive. bits of metal were flying at least 100m vertically each time one went off and the evacuation radius was a good two blocks. in a good hydrogen tank explosion, i wouldn't want to be inside 10 blocks. getting into an accident with one of those things on the highway? there wouldn't be much /scene/ left for accident investigation, let alone bits of car. probably not much point even fitting air bags to one of those things!
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:44:01 -0800, jim beam wrote:

And what's the point of an investigation if everyone involved in the crash is placed into buckets?
Joe LaVigne wrote:

dude, there wouldn't be enough bits left to put in a bucket...
the point of accident investigation, whether it be plane crashes, car crashes, crane collapses, whatever, is to prevent recurrence. it's hard to do that when evidence is vaporized.

In the late '70s there was a hydrogen leak at a transfer station in uptown Phoenix (Indian School near 21st Ave, for the locals). A cryo tanker was on- or off-loading when the leak appeared. The fire department evacuated a half mile radius IIRC. The big concern was a BLEVE, which is not literally a concern with pressurized gases but is a concern with liquified gases. A propane BLEVE involving a railroad tank car in Kingman in July 1973 helped everybody take that seriously.
Mike