hvac light problem

I have a 2000 accord LX. The lights on the push buttons for the HVAC cont rols are intermittent. The controls work fine. It seems to happen more wh
en it's cold. Possibly a common ground to those lamps somewhere? When t hey don't work, they all don't work. Then if I hit the buttons a few times , they start working again. Is there a lamp relay somewhere, or a common f use? It's just those lights...the dash lights and other indicators work fi ne. TIA.
mm
only my 2 cents worth.... with my '00 EX, I once had a problem where the hvac controls would randomly and intermittently control the damper flap in the vent system. Dealer solution was to replace the hvac control unit. It comes out easily after taking out the trim around the radio and control buttons. I had taken it out previously to change out a couple of display bulbs for the main screen. The unit is one sealed piece, and maybe you can find an obvious disconnect to the grounding question. Otherwise, it's a modular component and may not be worth troubleshooting. When the dealer replaced mine, it was a "recycled" (i.e. junk yard source in plain language) part because new part is no longer available. Flapper problem fixed. (had I known, I probably could have saved some bucks ordering myself). Good luck.