I broke off my Oxygen sensor

Page 2 of 4
Nate Nagel wrote:

Maybe you, Mike, Elle and me stumbled onto a hole in the perfume market....
Just watch: a month from now, one of the fancy perfume companies will come out with "Essence de Voiture".. Ahh, the smell of it :)

That's right, I neglected the flip side of the coin, which is of course "What essence should a woman splash on to best 'catch' a man?"
Last time a guy complimented the fragrance coming from my direction, I had to tell him it was only hair spray. :-)
Anyway... I was thinking that the seemingly wide gender divide on the, um, appeal of machine oils may help explain certain other gender trends. Like why there are so few female auto techs?
I dunno. There does seem to be a noticeable difference in preferences.
Getting back to cars and this poor fellow with the busted off O2 sensor...
wrote

Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

I've used it as a gas starting fluid (old worn out carburetted cars, sub-zero temps). It's good because it's not nearly as explosive as ether, but it will still ignite easily enough to turn your engine over and get it going.
TE Cheah wrote:

WD-40 = Water Displacement formula #40. It never was meant for loosening rusty bolts.
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, TE Cheah wrote:

From this we learn a few things:
1) Yes, WD40 is mostly good at loosening money that was stuck in your wallet.
2) Popular Mechanics is full of shite.
There are two and *only* two penetrants I mess with any more: Kroil and Chrysler P/N 4318039.

Mainly, that you don't know how to spell shit!
nb
notbob wrote:

It's a legitimate spelling. http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=shite
notbob wrote:

"Schitt" is much more diplomatic...
<G>
JT
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, notbob wrote:

...or that you're a cloistered, ignorant, triggermouthed American.
dastern@127.0.0.1 says...

To be fair, WD works well at what it is designed to do, displace water. I use to carry a can in my car that had bad ignition wires. Whenever it was very humid out and my car would not start, a quick squirt on the wires got the car running. ------------- Alex
WD40 is excellent for what it was designed for. It is a Water Displacement formula, their 40th try....
It cleans up and dries out the insides of distributor caps, it works great cleaning up the insides of starters and loosening seized up electrical brushes. It also rust protects tools and cleans then nice.
It is total crap for a penetrating fluid though....
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Aug./05 http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id !20343242 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
TE Cheah wrote:

Mike Romain wrote:

Used to buy it by the case when living in FL near the beach. Great for door hinges, BBQ grills, etc.

L Alpert wrote:

I live in the Canadian rust belt, tell me about it...

Mike Romain wrote:

Then you do know......

I'd take that as a clue.
nb
notbob wrote:

That I am an alcoholic?

Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

It is in remission since I moved to the rather dry climate of CA. Besides, I never like the taste.
L Alpert wrote:

i use it to clean and LIGHTLY lube motorcycle and bicycle chains and cables.