I'm #2 !!! Most stolen car

Page 1 of 3
It might be old news, but the most stolen car in 2006 (US) is the 1995 Civic. Number 2 is a 1991 Accord. That's the one I have. Oh joy.
http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/wednesday/longisland/ny-licars125496908dec12,0,7892563.story

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/wednesday/longisland/ny-licars125496908dec12,0,7892563.story
You have to wonder about the talent and intelligence of thieves that are stealing 13 and 17 year old cars. I suppose this has more to do with the difficulty of stealing newer cars than the "goodness" of old Hondas. What does one do with a stolen 1991 Accord? I know Honda parts are outrageously expensive, but surely the demand for used 17 year old Honda parts must be pretty low.
Ed

That's because they've run out of Integra GS-Rs to steal....

the older cars motors are more easily modified.
they take the motors,transaxles,ECU,seats,doors,front fenders,and other misc parts,then torch the rest in some field.
These are usually street drag racers who burn up motors trying to get lots of HP from them,and then steal to get 'new' motors to build up and burn up.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

you got it!

Personal experience; I USED to own an Integra GS-R. stolen June 29th of this year.
I'd like Florida laws like Texas has concerning shooting people stealing your property.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Bang, bang, bang, <plop>... Bang, bang!
<G>
JT
Austin, TX

It is interesting that you'd only have gotten in trouble for performing the above action if you had done it within the last 40 years.
Prior to that they'd have disregarded the excess roundage and pinned a medal on you for improving the country's gene pool and helping to lower the crime rate. This was true even in the now Communist republic of Kanada, where I am unfortunately forced to reside.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

It's amazing on how far we've "come."
Just about anywhere on the east or west coast(s), they'd be pro, er persecuting you for protecting your life, never mind your stuff.
Here in Texas, well it just ain't a healthy thing to trespass uninvited especially at night. Very slim chance that you'd prosecuted here. Just a couple of weeks ago, a neighbor (of an apparant burglary victim) called 911 that his neighbor's house was being broken into and that he was about to go and shoot the perps. He shot 'em both dead and no charges are pending...
JT
Tegger wrote: This was true even in the now Communist republic of Kanada,

then get the fuck out. No one is forcing you to stay here.

True, but /leaving's/ not the problem. Getting /into/ the US is the problem.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Heh... Fly down to messyco and sneak across from that end. If you have a valuable "skill," you'll have it made!
(Lawn care experience helps...)
Oh, don't bother learning engrish... That'll hold you back..
JT

O habilidades de cosechar lechuga...

No hablo Ingles, hombre.
Ahora debo comprar un lowrider. Doink!
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I can't imagine that long a line for Canadians to become legit US citizens or get green cards. Seems like a lot of Canuck actors & actresses manage it. 8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

That's because there's lttle difference between Canada and the US. Not like the difference between the Estados Unidos and Meh-ee-co.

Canada: Hollywood's minor leagues.
Somebody fairly knowledgeable once told me Hollywood is half Canadian and half Jewish.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I'm still undecided whether Pam Anderson's coming to the US was a plus or minus....
I still get a laugh from the "McKenzie Brothers",eh? 8-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The funniest thing about the McKenzie Brothers is that Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis invented the Brothers as a joke, as a thumbed-nose to Canadian regulators, who require a certain amount of "Canadian content" on Canadian- legal television.
To their astonishment, the McKenzie Brothers became a continent-wide hit.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
babbler wrote:

Incapable of intelligent discourse, eh?
JT

I heard through the grapevine that much of the motivation for car thefts in some cities is simply sport. Thieves steal the car, drive it around for fun, then dump it. No profits to be made, other than the exhilaration of the theft and obviously short-term drive.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:16:51 -0700, "Elle"

But that wouldn't target a 1991 Accord. It's solid, but with the springs sort of shot, not the kind of car that's too much fun to drive anymore.
I've never bothered to have comprehensive coverage because the car is not exactly worth too much, but clearly someone wants it.

I think the ease of theft may outweigh the suspension quality, hp under the hood, etc. These guys often have just a few minutes to get the wheels moving, right? If I were a car thief out for thrills, I would not be so choosy.

Indeed. One of the advantages of an older car.