i'm losing gears while car is running!

hi...hope someone can help..on staturday while driving i stopped @ a 4-way and when i accelerated away it wanted to shift from 2nd to third i just got high revs and the car started coasting to a stop...i can rev
it but nothing happens..no gears....weird thing is when i start it up again i can gets gears but after a little while gears drop again and all i can do is just rev....
does anybody have any ideas?
akes wrote:

its a 19 accord with 200k miles on it
akes wrote:

its a 1990 accord with 200k miles on it
akes wrote:

its a 1990 accord with 200k miles on it
akes wrote:

    If it's an automatic (the transmission shifts for you and there isn't a clutch pedal) get ready to find someone who can replace the transmission with a rebuilt unit. Or you can get another '90 Accord for the same price. bob
N.E.Ohio Bob wrote:

using my psychic powers, i can see that it's a stick and he's got a leak in the clutch fluid... shame it's not wednesday.
jim beam wrote:

    I'm going with automatic,as a close read of the message reveals that"it wanted to shift......".     I may be wrong. It has happened before, many years ago. bob

Is your transmission named Melba? Cuz it's toast.