Idle air control valve

How do you free this up? What solution would u recommend?

My 97 Honda civic idles up and down.....I was told it was the IACV, which is located in front of the fire wall....lodge on the top rear of motor.

Anyone know anything about this?

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

google this group for coolant level issues. and find a better mechanic.

Reply to
jim beam

People here have reported at times that they had to completely replace this part.

Before you replace it, see if a thorough topping off and air purge of the cooling system fixes the problem. Follow the manual's directions to the letter on this. The IACV has cooling passages and they are high spots on some cars. Improper cooling = improper idling. I had an idle problem with my 91 Civic, and a proper purge fixed it right up.

See also the idle troubleshooting procedure in the 97 Civic manual at

. It's under "Fuel Emissions."

"Devils Advocate" wrote

Reply to
Elle