Idling problem with my 94 civic

Ive been having an idling problem with my 94 civic ex. For a while Ive noticed that when I drive my car when its not warmed up, and Im idling, the rpms increase and then decrease for about 5-6 seconds.
Then after my cars warmed up, the idle fluctuation stops.
However, now my car seems to be idle-fluctuating when my car is warmed up, but its a little less suttle, but its still fluctuating. What is the cause of this? Anything serious?