__ If I repaired Honda brakes for a living, I'd design a special tool

I've serviced a few sets of (my own) Honda brakes that had the seized 'slider pins'. The most obvious symptom is when the pads wear out three times as fast on one side of the rotor than the other. They are numbers
14& 16 on this (typical) diagram:
http://tinyurl.com/yss53w
When the pins seize you can use the bolt to fasten the frame part of the caliper assembly to something immovable (like your trailer hitch) and then you wiggle the frame back and forth while slowly extracting the pin from it's hole.
Has anybody ever seen a 'puller' that's made specifically for getting them apart?
'Curly'

Are you referring to the pins being seized in the holes in the caliper mount bracket?
If so, all you need to do is leave the mount bracket in place, and use a set of Vise Grips to wiggle the pin out of its hole. It's a lot easier to do that than to fuss with the pins with the mount bracket removed from the car.
There is a special socket that's used for the fuel filter. That socket also fits the pin's head. The only problem is that with the socket, you can't turn and pull at the same time the way you can with the Vise Grips. I prefer Vise Grips, even though they can chew up the pin's head a little bit.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

Like you said, if you remove it from the car you can't turn and pull at the same time. That's why I attached it to my yard tractor. I'd like a tool that looks like a cork remover that would pull those suckers outa there in about 30 seconds. Leaving the assembly bolted to the car sounds like a good idea, but without a HOIST, the angle was a bit low to the ground for pulling /wiggling. :-(
'Curly'

Try a slide hammer. Put the bolt back in the pin, clamp the bracket in a vise, then whack away.