Ignition Key sticking in Winter

Now that it's getting colder, I've noticed that my key when I turn the engine off. It will go to the accessory position, but not to the 'off' position (where I can remove it). I can remedy this by blowing
warm air into the ignition where the key is, or by blasting the heaters, until the car is toasty (and thus, the ignition). I have a CRX and Honda's already fixed the ignitor problem with that model.
What I think it may be is a bit of grease or something in the ignition that is causing blockage until softened. If so, how can I fix this without taking the thing in for $$ervice?
When it's cold, sometimes the car doesn't want to shift out of Park (it's an automatic), although I don't know if the two are related.
TIA
fullness wrote:

-----------------------------------
See the thread above called "Cold Weather -Honda 1990 Question" You need the cable length adjusted. Yes, the symptoms are related.
'Curly'

A reply in a similar thread from "darius" in the alt.autos.acura group has this for us:
<quote> I think your problem is the transmission selector switch. Here's some info on it. You have to take apart the center console to get at the switch, which is attached to the gear select lever mechanism.
--
The problem is with the shift position switch itself - the white box
on the right side of the shift lever. You'll notice that the contacts

If you're referring to the switch on the manual transmission end can you explain the mechanism that that locks the key? I don't a service manual to check this out.
My approach usually involves cleaning the switch and apply new grease, a good preventative maintenance. The switch for the automatic is inside the console and inside the cabin. If the problem corrects itself when the heater is on maybe the problem is inside the car.
http://square.cjb.cc/c/?ConsoleSwitch