ignition switch on old Hondas (sudden unexplained shutdown)

I have a 1998 CRV. 8 months ago it shut down on the highway. No sputtering, just quit. I pulled over and then restarted the Honda and it ran fine. This problem began to get worse over the months. I checked the
internet and found out that there is a problem with millions of old ignition switches. http://www.visualimpressions.ca/switch /
I got my import repairman to order the newer switch, (just the switch, not the keylock).
My Honda finally died and would not start a block from his repair shop. He had just received the ignition switch that day. We pushed it in and he replaced it. Total cost with tax was $75.
Just wanted to post this so some of Honda owners know what causes this problem.
Michael wrote:

this is a known problem, and as you discovered, was the subject of a massive honda recall. [too late now, but you may have been able to have had it fixed for free.]
for the future, remove all the junk off your key ring to keep it as light as possible, and also, when releasing the key after cranking to start, manually make sure the key rotates fully back to the "run" position. if you observe these two simple precautions, the problem will not recur.