Importing a Honda from USA to Canada

Page 2 of 2

I'd call American Honda.
I'm just relating what the Honda Canada reps (two of them, independently) told me.
Perhaps it's just that dealer. Have you tried another one?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
not much choice unless you drive way farther.... :(
Tegger wrote:

I have some theories about that Grand Forks dealer:
1) they are unaware of American Honda's warranty policy; 2) they have a personal animosity against out-of-country vehicles; 3) they don't see the point of spending their warranty budget, or the time and trouble of applying for reimbursement, for somebody who will never be a regular customer.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Tegger wrote:

And that was the question which I had which may have prompted (at least in part) this "I'm from Missouri, show it to me!" discussion. I can understand how the concept of buying what is essentially gray market goods, i.e. US produced/warrantied auto by a non-resident who immediately heads back across the border, might impact on ones warranty work. Similarly, I fail to see how a legitimate change of residency would defeat the warranty owed to an otherwise bonafide purchaser.
Interesting development.....
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/09/26/classaction.html