Importing a Honda from USA to Canada

Call American Honda Motor Manufacturing, either the customer relations line or your local zone office:

They'll straighten the dealer out.

I had them straighten a local dealer out back in, oh, 1988 or so. Dealer's service manager didn't like it, and told me so. I gave her a big "so what? Do your job."

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"loewent via CarKB.com" wrote in news:78b83e4f868da@uwe:

I'd call American Honda.

I'm just relating what the Honda Canada reps (two of them, independently) told me.

Perhaps it's just that dealer. Have you tried another one?

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

"loewent via CarKB.com" wrote in news:78b9e61368070@uwe:

I have some theories about that Grand Forks dealer:

1) they are unaware of American Honda's warranty policy; 2) they have a personal animosity against out-of-country vehicles; 3) they don't see the point of spending their warranty budget, or the time and trouble of applying for reimbursement, for somebody who will never be a regular customer.
Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com