Install Rear View Mirror on 1990 Accord LX

Hi:

I have a 1990 Accord LX. I need to replace the inside rear view mirror. I have a replacement mirror and could swap them if I could just get to the screws. The mirror's mounted on the underside of the roof. The screws are hidden by a cap. The cap's pretty tight and nicely flush with the roof liner. I tried prying the cap slightly but it looked like it wanted to start bending out of shape rather than easily pop off. Any suggestions? Do I need to slide the cap in one direction or another vs. trying to pop it off?

Thanks. Kevin

Reply to
k-man

I can't remember how the cover snaps off, but look at the "new" one and it should give you a hint on what to do. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Thanks. But the new one provides no help. I can see how many screws I'll be dealing with once I get the cover off; but it doesn't reveal how the cover comes off.

Thanks. Kevin

Reply to
k-man

Maybe this will help some:

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Thanks. Looks like a very small screw driver or, even better, a small, hooked piece of metal would do the trick. Thanks.

k-man.

Reply to
k-man