installing air conditioning in 1996 Civic

Can anyone tell what is involved in getting A/C installed in an older 1996 Civic? Generally, what does this kind of installation cost and can it be done 10 years after the car was rolled off the line? Is this
something that can only be done at a Honda Service Centre?
Thanks
when I looked at getting it done to my 2004 civic, it was $2000Cdn, for the parts. Plus whatever the dealer would charge to install it. They also told me, that if i wanted to get it done, to do it soon, because they only stock the parts while the car is current....seeing as its been redesigned, it would probably be hard to find parts for a 2004, let alone a 1996 model. YOu'd probably have to buy it used.